Sunday, October 5, 2008

Now Arriving Back in NY!!!!!!!!




Ok, so I didn't give you all the update right? I went to Houston, Texas last week for a 4 day training called Sharpening Your Grant Writing Skills hosted by Proceed, Inc. This training was very nice, professionally managed and handled, and I even got something out of it. Some of it was a refresher, due to my prior exposure to grant-writing; however, the trainer (the lovely Pamela Richardson) provided many tips and tricks that I hadn't thought of to make the grant writing process easier.

During this training we stayed at the fabulous Renaissance Hotel on Greenway Plaza; and aside from it being a nice hotel, overall I enjoyed going back to Houston. As many of you who know me personally have probably heard, Houston (or moreso Galveston) is home of my very first black gay pride experience: Houston Splash. It was a beautiful weekend of the year 1995, when I first made my journey to the annual community event known as "Splash" (I assumed it was called that due to its close proximity to Galveston's beach).

This trip brought about some much needed reflection in my life in terms of my relationships with people, the way that I engage the world and my career, as well as the current space that I occupy right now. I was so ready to get home though, its nothing like sleeping in your own bed!!!

All and all, it was a great experience and I made some good contacts. My next trip will mostly like be Atlanta for the National AIDS & Education Services for Minorities (NAESM) 2nd Annual Kombat ball on November 9th!

See ya soon!

No comments: