Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bow Wow Goes Into Retirement???

According to several sources, the artist known as Bow Wow will be stepping into retirement. Interestingly enough, there is widespread speculation (which has yet to be validated by his management) that he was/is currently engaging in a quasi-romantic/sexual relationship with a transgender woman who goes by the name Nadia who is also connected to the house/ballroom scene as a member of the House of Prodigy.

Personally, I say to both of them fuck the reporters and media and do what you do! I am tired of people hiding in silence about their private lives in this way. When opposite sex couples are seen together there is hardly this much desire to sweep it under the rug. Don't get me wrong now, I definitely feel that people have a right to privacy, but as one of my favorite lesbian's (Audre Lorde) once said, "Your silence will not save you...".

You can read about Bow Wow's retirement here.

Blogger Sandra Rose seems to have a personal vendetta against Bow Wow supposedly for some form of disrespect that was given to Rose previously. On her site, she discusses the alleged relationship between Bow Wow and Nadia. If you want, you can read about that here.

I have some other thoughts on this whole thing as well, but I will reserve until I can do some more fact finding. Regardless of how it goes, I support Bow Wow and wish him well in all of his future endeavors.

No comments: