Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Perspective

Ok, as many of you know I have been on this kick all year about "perspective", and with all of the ancient wisdoms that are synthesized into to self-help products like The Secret (which I endorse by the way), and "What the Bleep?"; I can't help but wonder what perspective people are actually viewing themselves and their lives through?

I was chatting with a friend of mine about his life the other day, and he indicated to me that he feels like he is lacking in several areas of his life including the relationship department. Now this is something I can relate to, because there have been plenty of times in my life where I have sat back and wondered, "when are things going to change for me?". What I have learned about life, well one of the many things I have learned (lol), is that life is about perspective. The concept of lack, although it may have some physical attribution, to me is a psychological notion that involves the comparison of the reality of ones existence with where they perceive their existence should be.

I offered my friend a few words or rather two perspectives on this and wanted to share those on here also for anyone interested;

1. Where you are right now in your life is in direct correlation to where you wanted to be, and the decisions you made to get there years ago. The thoughts and decisions of yesterday, have great influence on what our tomorrow looks like....so as you move forward in your journey....know that today is only right now, tomorrow is forever....so you always have a chance to "fix" things....you just have to take advantage of today to do so...

2. if you always operate from a place of "without" or lack.....you will always be in that space....you are correct in thinking if you shift your thoughts about where you are in your life right now that it will manifest a different reality for you....i believe that you should also consider giving some thought and focus to what you do have instead of what you don't.....that way as blessings happen for you, your thoughts will be in the divine space to receive them and be thus attract more positivity your direction (The Secret)....

Someone sat me down and explained this to me years ago, and it has helped me tremendously.....hopefully it helps someone else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it will help...TRUST me