Friday, July 11, 2008

Stopping to Smell the Roses

Dear Community,

Today was a day for me that started out somewhat normal, but as the day progressed, it became apparent that THIS day in fact was very unique. There are so many events, past and present, that have shaped the course of my life.

In my work, I am somewhat challenged by the state of this community (with a full understanding of the background influences and factors of course) in regards to our personal health and the level of community responsibility that, in my opinion, could certainly use a power boost. I am very well aware that our lives are dictated often by the decisions we make, guided by our perspective, and influenced by our environment; I would really like to take this opportunity to stop just for a moment from my day and do something that maybe I don't do enough.

I want to express to each and every single last one of you that I love you dearly. Whether we know each other personally or not, whether we read each other down or not......at the end of the day we are connected, together a part of this much larger family called humanity.

I pray that each of you lives each day to the fullest and that the God of your understanding moves in and through you always and forever......

In Solidarity,

Stephaun Clipper Wallace (Blahnik)

No comments: