Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Creator Made Me Perfect, Society Skewed My Perfection

The Creator Made Me Perfect, Society Skewed My Perfection- Part I

By Stephaun Clipper Wallace (Stephaun Elite Blahnik)

www.stephaunelite.blogspot.com

January 24th, 2009


Many challenges and personal strife's later in life, I find myself still battling some of the same demons that plagued me as an adolescent. These demons however, are not only more noticeable, they are less of a challenge. The year 2008, provided me an opportunity to revisit my past in ways that were not easily transcribed into thought or word. How exactly do you put into words the space and place that exist between time and thought? This has been a challenge for me for as long as I can remember, but yet and still I continue on my quest to understand the complexities of my current and past circumstances and existences. Recently, I was asked whether or not I believed I was perfect. The sheer complexity of the question reverberated a host of emotions and thoughts; which without a proxy to respond promoted me to curb my over-active mind in order to address the inquisitor. "Certainly", I said with my head held high.


From early in my life, I have taken my life's cues from many avenues that the Universe has given light and birth to. In the biblical book of Genesis chapter 1 verse 26 which loosely translates into, "And God said; Let us make man in our image, after our likeness". So, if I were to adopt the literal translation of this, meaning that I am made in the exact image and likeness of the Creator…then I believe it fair to say that I was made perfect; if it be generally understood that the Creator is perfect. For some people, this is a challenging notion; disrupting the fabric of religion and doctrine that are ascribed to by many who have been socialized to believe they were "born into a world of sin", thus believing they are innately sinful. My question is simply, how healthy or functional is it to worship and reverence a divine being that you believe whose image you were created from, but believe that you are tainted? From where I sit, this is not very healthy at all. For those who fall into this belief, I would recommend a good psycho-therapist.


No, I do not possess any sort of personality disorder categorized in the recent installation of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. I am simply a being who believes in the undisputed and systemic utility of logic and universal truth.

 

 

(Part II coming soon)


No comments: