Monday, November 10, 2008

Just Stopped In.......

WOW!

Ok, so much has happened since the last time that I really came on and gave my thoughts to something. Mainly due to my increasing responsibilities at my primarily place of employment MOCHA and these darn college classes that are wearing me out (they always want me to write....lol).

So ok, as you all probably know by now, our new President-elect is Illinois Senator Barack Obama, but what some of you may not know is that he has literally hit the ground running in post-election strategy planning and meetings with officials in varying capacities. I am so in awe, I would be remiss if I didn't add that his acceptance speech brought tears to my eyes. For your review, in case you haven't watched it enough, I posted the clips below. This election and specifically the results, have made me feel very proud (for one of the first times in my life) to say that I am American. Finally, it appears that the glass ceiling has been obliterated and people can finally start to have open and honest dialog about their differences, while at the same time celebrating our similarities. To his credit, John McCain delivered a (seemingly) heartfelt speech giving much credit to the Obama campaign and his ability to mobilize American's around his platform. (There is so much to be said for community organizing!!!!!!!!).

Additionally in the news, Obama has started going about the business of identifying potential candidates for cabinet positions, being very clear about his intention to retain a bipartisian cabinet. The world has taken notice of American and our presidential selection, and I believe wholeheartedly that this election also did some potential healing of our international image.

***********
Obama Acceptance Speech Part 1









Obama Acceptance Speech Part 2







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aint he grand...