Friday, December 28, 2007

Heart to Heart- 12/28/07

MY RANT FOR THE DAY:

Everyone,

I think its time we had a heart to heart. If I run into another bitter, lonely, jaded , and narrow-mind black gay man in Atlanta I am going to scream! I am not going to preach, TODAY, however I would like to illuminate a few thoughts.

1. Are we as a community so bitter, jaded, and scared to be hurt that when we do decide to take a chance to interact with one another in the backdrop of the possibility of dating or a relationship that we can only see and deal in "absolutes"?

ie. "If he isnt driving "this" kind of car, then its not going to work", "If he doesn't look like this, then we can't date", or even the more recent, "If he cheats on me even once, then its over!".

I know someone out there understands me! When did our world become so black and white? I talk to other brothers in the community, and they could remember a time when black gay men would stick together (for better or worse), although just a couple of decades ago, partly because they never knew when the next black gay man would appear.

ARE WE REALLY THAT EXPENDABLE TO EACH OTHER IN CURRENT DAY?

In case you might not have picked up on my point, I am trying understand at what point did we as individuals lose our value to the point that if in a relationship your partner makes a mistake, that its automatic grounds for termination? No room for human error? No room for allowing each other to experience life and be human? Are no other factors important? Does maturity factor in this at all?

No comments: